Sunday, March 9, 2008

wine review...


Rosenblum Cellars 2006 Paso Robles Zinfandel Richard Sauret Vineyards. When I first opened the bottle, it smelled like dirt. I let it breath a little and now I'm not sure about the nose. Believe me, I'm not a sophisticated dude regarding wine- especially when describing certain characteristics of a wine. All and all, it's a quaffable zin with a spicy finish. It was part of my Rosenblum March Explorer wine club selection. I get three bottles every quarter and I like to pick up my wine in Alameda... It's hard to beat taking the ferry to Alameda and picking up wine and opening a bottle on the way back to the City... And to taste for free @ the winery, especially when Kenny G is pouring... And it's not the Kenny G. who plays the sax. FYI, I went to the University of Washington with the famous Kenny G and he was actually in my Japanese language class for one year. I'll write a post about that Kenny G in the future...

No comments: