Wednesday, March 5, 2008

peacocking...


Whether peacocking is a word is debatable? In the pickup artist book THE GAME by Neil Strauss, peacocking is wearing something that makes you stand out in the crowd. Choosing to stand out in a outrageous fashion or in a tasteful manner is the question? I'd choose the latter..

I personally wear red a lot and I make sure to color coordinate. Matter of fact, I'm even wearing red Nike socks with my red and white Nike shoes as I write this post. I need every edge I can get as my looks fade and so on...

In the above picture is Strauss and his then girlfriend Lisa Leveridge. I actually met Lisa @ McCarran Airport(Southwest Terminal) in Vegas while noshing on a french dip. She was sitting one table over from me and she offered me some fries. What does that mean when a beautiful lady and a total stranger offers you fries? Probably nothing. I must have looked hungry? We talked for an hour or so while waiting for our delayed flights. She was in town for one of the many award shows and doing makeup for radio personality Ellen K. She was also a makeup artist for Bill Maher. The guy is so washed out, he looks like he needs a lot of help... But Lisa said he was easy. And she was a makeup artist on the defunct Wayne Brady Show. Lisa Leveridge is also a good friend of Courtney Love and was in her band- Chelsea. Man, I regret not asking Lisa for her digits...

Regarding THE GAME- it's good fiction... Note the gold boots Strauss is peacocking with...

No comments: