Saturday, February 2, 2008

ferry plaza farmers market...


I haven't been for more than a month and I picked a day with horrible weather. I usually have the scrambled eggs with Hobbs bacon on an Acme baquette with tomato @ Hayes Street Grlll. I love that dish! I've had too many eggs in the past few days so I opted for the Po' Boy sandwich. BTW, po' boys have fried oysters in them. It was decent, but the po' boys I've had in the past have been on a french roll. Hayes Street Grill used some unidentified sliced bread. The insides of the sandwich just didn't stay in sliced bread. It was a terrible mess to eat. This really is a no no... I'm going to stick with my usual...

I really like the Downtown Bakery from Healdsburg. Their sticky buns are amazing. And their muffins are very good. I'll take Downtown Bakery over that overpriced Della Fattoria anyday... FYI, I've bought stale bread from Della Fattoria on more than one occasion. Never again. Acme is way better and a whole lot cheaper!

I buy apple juice from the same dude every time, but I don't know the name of his farm... I'll find out next time.

No comments: