Wednesday, February 27, 2008

word of the day...


SAKE- my soul drink... Everyone knows what SAKE is, but most everyone who isn't Japanese pronounces it incorrectly. It's not saki. It's pronounced SA-KAY. Actually, most people in Japan call SAKE- nihonshu. NIHONSHU basically means Japanese rice wine. I love SAKE or NIHONSHU, but I have a hell of a time remembering what the hell I drank. It's not like wine where I know the name of the grapes and many of the wineries. Andrea L. my new friend on yelp knows her SAKE and she has inspired me to learn. Hell, she knows SAKE 100X better than yours truly... I going to give a plug to SAKE NOMI in Seattle. I met Taiko Stroud back in September while I was wandering aimlessly around Pioneer Square in Seattle. I happened upon SAKE NOMI and Taiko was very helpful in teaching me about SAKE, which unfortunately went right through my thick skull... NOMI- means to drink. sakenomi.us

No comments: