Thursday, February 28, 2008

kokkari...


Now, it's time to get controversial and do some bashing... I had an altercation with an idiot there almost three weeks ago. I had never met the guy in my life. I've only heard of him. The idiot was with his colleague. On my way out, I went up to his colleague challenging him how tall he claimed to be. In retrospect, that was a mistake. I should have left the joint without making contact with his colleague. His colleague had talked to me a couple times @ Perbacco offering to buy me a drink on one occasion and then defending himself because I called him a midget(to make it easier, I'll refer to him as the midget from now on) in an e-mail I sent to the idiot's girlfriend while under the influence. For anybody who will listen- do not drunk e-mail, it can be worse than drunk dialing! It's worse than drunk dialing, people can forward e-mails to each other! I was sitting down @ the bar @ Perbacco when the midget offered to buy me a drink(BTW, I refused the drink), he looked like a midget to me. Some guys have that midget persona and they're 5'10. Let me preface, that I had never met the midget before he offered to buy me a drink. The trouble making girlfriend of the idiot(who's married), let the midget read a drunk e-mail I sent her. The premise of that e-mail is that she shouldn't waste her time with a married dude. That's how I hooked up with her in the first place, she was mad and disenchanted with her married boyfriend and needed the company of a real man-actually, she probably was drunk... This will pass, but I regret ever going to her apartment. From her wrath, I will no longer frequent Kokkari and Perbacco.

Anyway, getting back to the story @ Kokkari, while I was talking in jest to the midget, the idiot gets in my face and spews profanity and calls me something that I won't reveal, but it really pissed me off. I ignored him @ first, waving to the bartender that this guy is messing with me. BTW, the bartender is evidently a good friend of the idiot, but this bartender has always been first rate to me. I just had enough of the idiot's bullshit so I just said, "let's go outside!" I was ready to kick some ass! Like most idiots, he's all talk, no action. So I went outside and the bartender also came outside to try to cool me down. Again, he's a class individual. Then all of a sudden, this newly minted manager, who for some reason has a problem with me, storms outside and says that I should take a two-three week break from the place. He's like the lowest guy on the manager totem pole talking shit to me. It came out of the left field and he sided with the idiot without knowing any facts. Let me reiterate, the idiot first got into my face, I was ignoring him. Then I said to the idiot, "I'm not talking to you." Actually, the newly minted manager even pissed me off more than the idiot. Let me give you some background- I'm known as the candyman @ Kokkari, many times I would bring in candy(chocolates, sweets, not drugs) for the staff. I got along with most everyone there from the bus people to the servers to the bartenders to the management. I would bring in gifts to the bartenders for being so kind to me. I would give gifts to the staff... Kokkari was like home to me... Okay, the new minted manager was a server before and for the last year he's been giving me attitude. I really think he was jealous. But it is really simple, some people I just don't get along with in this world. It could be a chemical thing, it could be just about anything? That's life...

That fucking evening was Murphy's Law tenfold... Last night, I went into Kokkari wanting to talk to the newly minted manager. The manager on duty who I've known for about 7 or 8 years shook my hand, but I felt something amiss? I felt like I was no longer welcome @ the place. Well, that's how it goes? They're a team and they have to stick together. I frequented the joint for about nine years. It really is a shame...

And this all started from meeting this woman @ Kokkari the night Barry Bonds played his last game. A month or so later I saw her talking to a buddy of mine @ Kokkari and I ended up with her. A huge mistake! No more Kokkari for NY... But you know what, I don't really give a fuck!

No comments: