Sunday, February 10, 2008

huskies over the bruins...


I really didn't think it was possible this season. The Dawgs haven't dominated @ home this year like they have for the past several seasons. I didn't even bother to watch the game. I was totally frustrated with my Huskies after they lost to CAL @ home last week.

To me, it's more of an upset than the Super Bowl when the Giants beat the Patriots. UDub is not a good team and UCLA looks like they're on the way to another Final Four.

I mentioned this before in a previous post that Lorenzo Romar hasn't recruited well in the past few seasons. Only Quincy Pondexter remains from last years recruiting class of Spencer Hawes(currently with the Sacto Kings), Adrian Oliver(transferred to San Jose State), and Phil Nelson(who transferred to Portland State). And QP really hasn't shown that much in his two seasons in Montlake. His high school teammates the Lopez twins of Stanford are much better players.

This seasons freshmen class has been basically a nonentity. Venoy Overton has shown flashes and he still could be a decent player. He's going to be pushed next season by incoming freshman Isaiah Thomas. Matthew Bryan-Amaning and Justin Holiday have been disappointing. We got the wrong Holiday, his brother Jrue who's going to UCLA next year could be an impact freshman. The jury is still out on Darnell Gant since he's redshirting, but I'm not that hopeful...

I saw Romar in September after the Dawgs beat Boise State around Husky Stadium and my impression of him is that there's something not quite right about him...

The win was nice, but I don't see Washington getting into the postseason...

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Good game for the Dawgs -- I was surprised as well...that said, UCLA still will march on to San Antonio this year...UW also got away with some hacking...