Tuesday, February 26, 2008

my evening @ perbacco...


I hadn't been to the joint in about three weeks. I was avoiding the place because of certain individuals who frequent Perbacco who aren't my favorite people in the world. Luckily, they weren't present this past evening- it made my night...

The star of the show is Scott Wolf, my favorite Korean bartender on this planet! Actually, he's probably the only Korean bartender I know... If you don't know the guy, please go to Perbacco and meet the dude! He's one of the cockiest guys I've ever met, but the cockiness isn't in bad taste. The guy is a great bartender and he knows his food. His suggestions are always spot on... Tell Scotty that Norman sent you in. I believe he works Tuesday-Thursday nights...

Tonight, I had AGNOLOTTI DAL PLIN FILLED WITH ROASTED VITELLONE AND SAVOY CABBAGE/SUGO D'ARROSTO. FYI, vitellone is veal. Man, that pasta was tasty! And you gotta have the breadsticks with your pasta. Perbacco's breadsticks are incredible!

My dessert was FAB(fair @ best) in my view. CAMPARI PANNA COTTA BLOOD ORANGE GELATINA/ COCOA SAUCE. The finish had a slightly bitter Campari flavor with a hint of blood orange. I'm just not into Campari.

The ladies who sat to my right had a very nice dessert and par for the course, I don't remember the name of it. Rest assured it wasn't tiramisu...

I want to say it was a pleasure meeting Beatrice from Italy and Katherine/Kate from Brooklyn. I apologize if I spelled their names incorrectly. They were fun to hang out with!

BTW, Scott first suggested the dessert that the ladies had, but I ordered his second choice so we could share... There's nothing like sharing a dessert with two beautiful ladies...

No comments: