Wednesday, February 27, 2008

roots...


Not the book by the late Alex Haley that turned into a miniseries, but the Roots Store in Park City, Utah... I've been a Roots fan since its inception in 1973. For the past 12 years, the Roots Store in PC has been my favorite place to shop in Utah... What I'm so happy about is the return of my black leather backpack. I've had it about five years or so and the seams started coming apart and the zipper handle broke off. It's basically normal wear and tear for a leather bag. I recently found out that Roots bags have a lifetime guarantee. Meaning they fix their bags for free. So, last month while I was @ the Sundance Film Festival, I dropped off my well worn black leather backpack @ the Roots Store- the staff was exceptionally kind and helpful...

Well, it took about a month, but I got my bag back and it looks great! Thanks Roots! I wish there was a store in the Bay Area... I know there's one in Beverly Hills, but I get to Park City more than I get to SoCal.

9 comments:

Unknown said...

I am actually headed to Perbacco tonight for dinner -- I like that place. I am planning to start up my blog again -- what do you think?

ny said...

You definitely should. Once you start writing on a consistent basis, it's smooth sailing...

Say hello to the Korean Scott Wolf for me. Introduce yourself. Scott is like a nephew to me...

I love the pastas @ Perbacco! The Tajarin and Pappardelle are great! Remember to have the breadsticks.

Unknown said...

I have been many times...I like the breadsticks as well. I actually had a pretty decent sized readership on my blog for awhile...then I didn't have time to update it. I might start a new one though...I need to work our more.

ny said...

Quite frankly, I don't get the name of your blog- please enlighten me?

What I've been doing is e-mailing people I know and linking my blog and my yelp handle... It's also a good way to meet women. Instead of asking for their digits. You give them your blog and yelp addresses. If they're interested, they'll contact you.

I attempted to put a counter on my blog, but I couldn't figure out how to do it?

I will surely will read your blog...

Unknown said...

I can help you with the counter. I think I used blogpatrol.com. Or blogcounter.com. Really easy to use.

I'll get one started and send you the link. It'll be mostly sports focused...I am sure you will disagree with some of my thoughts, but I think you'll find it an interesting read regardless

ny said...

To make a long story short and I'll elaborate on private e-mail. I went back to Perbacco last night and saw the dude that I got into a beef with @ Kokkari. I got in his face and wanted him to step outside with me. Just like before, the pussy chickened out. I don't understand, the guy gets in my face @ Kokkari and then he doesn't want to fight me? It's just like a lot a people- all talk, no action...

Unknown said...

We were there last night as well. Who is this guy that you want to fight?

ny said...

I don't need to elaborate on private e-mail. The fucking guy is a married dude with a girlfriend who took me back to her pad about four months ago. I exchanged some drunk e-mails with the "butter face" in which I said she was selling herself short with a married dude. The stupid bitch started forwarding my e-mails to her to other people and she probably admitted to her asshole boyfriend about our evening!
That cunt has been nothing but trouble!

I was actually going to say hello to you @ Perbacco...

Unknown said...

Well, I was there til 10 PM or say before heading back to the office. You definitely should have tried to make it to say what's up before fighting the guy!! Anyway, let's maybe meet up at the gym one day and grab a beer -- i owe you lunch still anyway.