Friday, February 15, 2008

marc hayashi...


I ran into him @ Caffe Trieste. He's a Japanese-American actor who starred in Wayne Wang's CHAN IS MISSING. Marc is now behind the scenes and quit acting 15 years ago. Let me preface, I have never met him before. I knew the guy looked familiar and I just couldn't place the guy and then my brain started to work and I said, "you're an actor." And he said, "I can't believe you recognize me, I quit acting 15 years ago..."

In our short conversation he said how Asian actors are treated like shit in Hollywood and many of his contemporaries have long left acting and in some cases have opened businesses and restaurants with their acting money. That's if they made any coin acting?

I'm thinking there might be a documentary in this story...

BTW, CHAN IS MISSING is a 1982 film. Look it up on imdb.com

No comments: